New & Opening Band Information
Thank you for your interest in playing at Mr. Goodbar! We’re very excited about our band scene we’ve developed over the years. The last year and 1/2 was a setback, but we are back to having shows and most all have sold out so we feel ready to make it better than ever!
My name is Kevin McCarthy. I’m the owner of Talented Event Professionals and been booking the bands for over 22 years at Goodbar! I played there myself weekly, twice a week for 11 years as a solo act, so Goodbar is very special to me and I am very familiar with the rooms. My first band was in 1985 and I have been playing in the scene since then both in bands and solo so I understand what it’s like being in a band and performing live. I’ve been using my experiences to help you and Goodbar have great shows. We do things differently most places but it’swork well for us over the years.
*** Please take a few minutes to review this info then e-mail me and let me know it has been read and that you are ready to play at Goodbar… Thanks!
Please contact me through e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. ***
- Our headliners choose openers – then Goodbar wants me to OK them.
- Our opening bands are important and we consider all as potential headliners – We have a great crop of headlining & opening bands in our rotation, but we are always looking for new bands and sometimes have openings. We take our opening bands very serious as most as almost all of our headlining bands currently started out at Goodbar as opening bands. We book far in advance and this has grown into one of WNY’s top venues. Goodbar is a great way for bands to grow your following, make good $, and become a part of a thriving live music scene.
- If you are interested in being a headliner – You can check our schedule and contact our headlining bands directly through FB and ask if they need an opener for their show. Opening for headlining bands is great opportunity to show Goodbar and us what you and your band can do. Almost all of our current headlining bands started out as openers at Goodbar! It is a great way to work your way into our rotation of bands!
- The three main factors are sound and draw and good people… how good you sound and how many people you bring and are you and band members good people. We don’t have the time or patience for bad attitudes.
- Once you get on a bill, please contact the headlining band first with questions about your show ——if they don’t know, then please e-mail me (Kevin McCarthy) anytime if you have questions and / or would like to be considered for a headlining night at Goodbar – email@example.com
What we ask of our opening bands at Mr. Goodbar
- The headlining band for your show will need your instrument list for our sound guy asap – please e-mail it to them – due at least one month before show. Here’s an example of instrument list – ( drums, bass, 2 guitar amps, DI for one electric acoustic, DI for keyboardist, 3 vocal mics including 1vocal mic for drummer and 2 front vocal mics)
- Pre-sale Tickets – All opening bands must offer & sell pre-sale tickets. Bands keep 100% of ticket sales. Our shows are door only, draw dependent deals. Your headlining band will explain how they are doing tickets for the show.
- Event & Promotion – We ask all opening band to promote their show through FB and how ever else they promote to their fan base.
- 30 Days In Between Shows – Bands can’t play at Goodbar less than 30 days between shows either before or after – as a headliner or opener – for a number of reasons. So, in other words, you must have at least 30 days or more in between shows.
- Headlining band decides pay, gives you your specific show time slot, gives you pre-sale ticket online info & template, etc… if you have questions please contact them first.
- Opening bands – treat your show like you are headlining – Promote it the best you can ahead of time! Be prepared, be on time, be professional, and put on a great show. 21 & up and have ID… all band members / fans must 21 & up, no exceptions…yes, no exceptions. Sell Pre-sale Tickets – ask your headlining band for online ticket info… nothing helps an opening band out more that pre-sale tickets.
- Times: This is important – please make sure you read carefully the time slot for your night. Please don’t be late.
Make sure your headliner tells you if this is upstairs or downstairs because the times are different!
Friday Night – DOWNSTAIRS Shows
8pm – 9pm – Load in between sound check
9pm – 10pm only 15 minutes (not any earlier for sound check than 9pm and not longer than 15 minutes)
10pm – 2:30am – Show time – headliner gets paid at the end of the night.
“The Attic” Band Shows – Upstairs Shows – Concert Hall
Each upstairs show will now be – 1 Hour of door and at least 3 hours of show once the show starts. (the 1 hour door time is not included in the 3 hours).
7pm – Load in between sound check – ** all equipment loaded in for all bands and sound checking to be done by 8pm
8pm – Doors Open
9pm – Show Start
12am – 2am – Ending of show depends on show start….
Show Details – Night of
- ALL BAND MEMBERS BRING VALID ID!! Please remind them all – there are NO exceptions.
- Sound Check – All equipment and band members must be at sound check, if there is an issue please let me know ahead of time.
- Stage – the stage downstairs for Fridays is small, the stage upstairs for For Fridays Saturdays and concerts is big 30ft by 11ft… please only bring minimum amount of equipment as space limited especially on Fridays.
- Share – We strongly encourage bands to try and share as much equipment, amps, basic drum kit whenever possible. We understand there are certain things you can’t share, but please try to be flexible and work this out with headlining band.
- Volume – reasonable volume – we have a built in crowd that comes every week to hear different bands, we don’t want to drive people away, we understand there is a loudness to live music, but bands that are overly too loud will be ask to leave…if you are wondering if you are too loud, ask sound guy / staff for feedback.
- Risk – You are playing at Mr. Goodbar at your own risk & are responsible for your gear. Mr. Goodbar reserves the right to cancel any band at any time for any reason.
- Cables – Please remember your own instrument cables.
- Draw well and put on a great show!